This method uses your body’s natural salinity to push out any bacteria inside your piercing. For this reason, it’s very important to mix the solution in the right proportions of salt. We recommend using the NeilMed piercing aftercare spray if possible. We recommend soaking 3-5 times a day for 3-5 mins
With NeilMed piercing aftercare spray:
- Spray some of the aftercare spray into a glass cup and heat it up for ten seconds in the microwave
- Dip sterile cotton into the NeilMed spray and let it saturate.
- Apply the soaked cotton ball to your piercing and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
Making your own saline solution:
- Pour 1 cup of warm sterile water into a cup.
- Add 1/4 of a teaspoon of the sea salt or pink Himalayan and allow it to dissolve. A stronger solution can irritate your piercing, so don't put too much salt!
- Dip sterile cotton into the sea salt solution and let it saturate.
- Apply the soaked cotton ball to your piercing and let sit there for 5-10 minutes.
For regular cleaning during the first two months, or if they get irritated during the first years, make sure to clean them twice a day MINIMUM, that would be in the morning and at night. But anytime throughout the day, if you think anything got on the piercings, you should clean them. Some examples would be after a bath or shower, if any lotions, creams, or hair products get on them, if any hats are worn for extended periods of time, etc.